You yourself are the focal point of inlingua training. The more active use you make of our offer, the more you profit from it.
inlingua trainers are professionals who use the inlingua method and materials to your best advantage. They are sensitive to individual needs, and their interpersonal skills motivate you to do the talking.
All inlingua centers offer a worldwide uniform, communicative teaching strategy. inlingua material is hallmarked by distinct features which complement the inlingua method down to the last detail.
inlingua training material is obtainable exclusively from inlingua. The experts in our development team in Berne are constantly evolving updated resource material, in close cooperation with big companies and linguistic specialists.
Tens of thousands of people use inlingua materials worldwide every day. Their responses to it, along with feedback from trainers, are a constant source of input for further development. The General Purposes Program (GPP) guarantees the learner access to realistic, everyday usage.
The language of business, the language of the workplace: this is what inlingua's Accelerated Professional Program (APP) is designed to provide. The program is divided into blocks which cover all levels of language proficiency. After four preliminary blocks you can select specialist modules: Telephoning, Negotiating, Presentations, Meetings, Business Correspondence and Socializing Across Cultures.
plus: from beginner level to advanced professional competence, you have the support of supplementary materials all the way through: CDs, cue cards, CD-ROMs etc.
Using language is not a matter of saying one word after another, but a blend of various linguistic elements for the purpose of communicating something specific. To enable you to make the most effective use of those elements in any given situation, you need a trainer who will provide the words you need and guide you in the use of them.
inlingua trainers are qualified teachers
inlingua only uses native speakers who are professionals with academic qualifications and outstanding teaching skills.
inlingua trainers create confidence
They are sensitive to your needs and deploy their interpersonal skills to get you to speak.
inlingua trainers motivate
They help you to overcome any hurdles and create a relaxed and trust-filled atmosphere.
inlingua trainers work in a support team
Before each training course the trainer is briefed on the needs of the group or individual. This is done by the Director of Studies, who monitors the course.
inlingua trainers develop their skills
inlingua trainers take part in regular in-service seminars on teaching techniques.
By the way
There is always a member of staff responsible for corporate groups to keep you up-to-date on progress.
We work out an individualized training strategy for you, based on the placement test results and your statement of aims:
- Learner-oriented subject matter on the basis of the General Purposes Program (GPP) and the Accelerated Professional Program (APP).
- A Course Training Guide sets out the time frame, the terms and conditions, and the aims for the participants and the company.
- The right organizational form: one-on-one, group courses, in-house training, training in Germany or abroad.
The three stages of Needs Analysis
Structured basic analysis
inlingua uses a structured questionnaire to determine the challenges, tasks and communication situations that individual learners will in future be confronted with.
Precise analysis of subject matter
Once we are clear about the situations the language is needed for, we can decide on the subject matter for areas like telephoning, business correspondence and so on.
When a company has special requirements and/or there are large participant numbers, we recommend a meeting involving inlingua, course participants, project managers and executive personnel. This will enable us to do exact planning and, for example, develop the materials needed.
- Structured interim questionnaire after course commencement, followed by evaluation and trainer briefing. Any suggestions or criticism can thus be considered and incorporated in the training.
- Tehe end-of-course questionnaire is the basis for planning further training.
- Attendance statistics: companies are given reports at arranged intervals.
- Regular review and progress/achievement tests document the completion of the various stages.
- The inlingua Certificate of Attendance, (and language level), which is issued to participants at the end of the course, can be linked to a percentage attendance rate.
- Individualized recommendations for further training, plus a follow-up package, help to motivate learners to proceed to the next level of competence.